WTF? I'm trying to see that trademark disheveled Rourke, the way he slouches,
the nearly slurred, bored speech, playing a Cimmerian? Maybe they can dress him
up in enough garb to make it work

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tracey de Morsella" <tdli...@multiculturaladvantage.com>
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2010 3:00:22 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: [scifinoir2] Mickey Rourke Rumored To Play Conan The Barbarian's
Father

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Mickey-Rourke-Rumored-To-Play-Conan-The-Barbarian-s-Father-16672.html

Marcus Nispel's remake of Conan the Barbarian is currently scheduled to begin
filming in mid-March, but they seem to be missing a few people - more
specifically, the entire cast. Word was just sent down the wire that Jason
Momoa will be playing the legendary Cimmerian, but unless the film is a one man
show ( it's not ) then they are going to have to find a bunch of people very
quickly. It appears that they may be doing just that.

Latino Review has just begun a rumor by claiming that Mickey Rourke has been
offered the role of Corin, the leader of the Cimmerians and Conan's father. Be
sure to note the words "rumor" and "offered" in the last sentence. In the film,
Corin teaches his son, who is born a savage killer, to control his ferocious
instincts. Because when I think of Mickey Rourke, I think of a man in control.

It'll be surprising if the rumor is true, since the role seems small for an
actor nominated for Best Actor only two years ago, and now playing the main
villain in one of this year's biggest blockbusters. Had Rourke instead been
rumored for Khalar Singh, the man who kills Corin in the film, it might be
slightly more believable. For now, hold out for more information.

O t’s official. Momoa is the new Conan!

Last week Michael Fleming on Deadline Hollywood reported that Jason Momoa and
Kellan Lutz along with a third more well known name were contenders to topline
CONAN for Lionsgate.

Who was the 3 rd well known name which Michael Fleming didn’t mention?

It was Supernatural’s JARED PADALECKI.

Padalecki worked with Marcus Nispel recently on the Friday the 13 th reboot.

Prior to Padalecki auditioning, Momoa, Lutz, and another unknown actor named
John Brotherton went through a series of rigorous screen tests.

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/conan-has-been-cast-exclusive-extra-conan-s-father-could-be-a-wrestler-9032