From: "Grayson Reyes-Cole" <grayson.reyesc...@yahoo.com>
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, January 24, 2010 9:23:31 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: [scifinoir2] Perfectly Fine (Probably) Movies Grayson Hasn't Seen

Keith you asked, so here are a just a couple movies beyond Titanic and
Monster's Ball on the list of award nominees/winners that are probably great
and all but I haven't seen the, and don't plan to see them. What I will say is
that for every popular movie on this list, I have seen a fringe movie that
expanded my horizons.

American Beauty

The Reader

Closer

Forest Gump

Mamma Mia (If this movie was about a black lady who slept with three guys and
didn't know who her baby daddy was, with a Brothers Johnson soundtrack, I'm not
so sure it would have had the same reception or be a huge production on the
Vegas strip)

Slumdog Millionaire - I have no idea why this movie is on my list. I listened
all about it on NPR. Got the concept, was excited about it. Listened to the
soundtrack. Rented it. Had it for two months before Netflix asked me if there
was a problem at which point I returned it. Now it's on HBO on Demand and I
*still* haven't watched it. So maybe it's not me rejecting the movie, it's just
on the list by default. I'll figure it out later.

Atonement - Pretty much anything featuring Keira Knightley that is not Pirates
of the Caribbean makes my list, although my mother seems to think I would like
The Duchess.

Grayson
Facebook
Bright Star