I think the article is behind. He has a show on Discovery Science that was
on this topic that aired a few weeks ago. He basically takes existing
science and puts it together to make it plausible.

What we need is a new way of looking at how to apply what we have into new
approaches. For example, there's a local high school kid that wrote a paper
on how to build a touch screen monitor for 1/10th the current cost.