From: Mr. Worf <hellomahog...@gmail.com>
Subject: [scifinoir2] topic revisited: Sgt Rock the movie
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, February 11, 2010, 2:31 PM

DC's tough as nails Nazi killer, Sgt. Rock is finally going from the Silver Age
to silver screen thanks in no small part to Dark Castle Entertainment. The
movie, written by John Cox is moving forward and according to Dark Castle's
Vice President, David Gambino, Cox's treatment is "fantastic and everybody's
really happy with it."

"We're living in times now where people are questioning whether or not we
should be in Iraq, and I think World War II was the last war where it was
pretty clean-cut who was the good guy and who was the bad guy. I think
audiences still love that, they still love going back to that era where the
politics of the time were very clear as to who we wouldn't want to take out and
who were the heroes. And Sgt. Rock tries to capture some of that."

It'll be good to go see a war movie this decade that doesn't make you think
about complex moral and ethical issues.