I love the History Channel show "Life After People", which deals with all of
this: what happens to power plants, what happens to domesticated pets, fish in
fish tanks, cattle, horses. In one show, they dealt with animals. It was cool.
They showed how in a hundred years or so, vast herds of elephants would be
thundering across the country, along with cattle and horses. They showed how
cutesy family cats and dogs would go feral pretty quickly (another reason I
hate how we anthropomorphize them--they're animals). They showed tigers and
leopards hunting vast overgrown grasslands that used to be highways and
freeways, chasing the abundant deer running throughout the cities.

"Life After People" started a new season just last month. They've also tackled
things such as, what will happen to our great works of art, our major
buildings, our treasured symbols? One show was wild, as the dome of the Capitol
fell in upon itself. They showed the roof of the building where the
Constitution is housed collapsing in a century or so. Although the document
itself was still protected against rain and oxidation in its casing of thick
glass and inert gases, it was finally done in by the one thing it's not
protected against: sunlight. They showed how the sun would beam down on the
Constitution for several hours each day, in time simply obliterating the ink
molecules until they fade into oblivion.

Fascinating stuff.
http://www.history.com/content/life_after_people/about-the-series