Well, the adult industry has been leading/influencing computer, Internet, and
audio-visual tech for years, so no surprise here. This website is pretty good:
all things 3D discussed. I used it to determine which theatre near me was using
the best 3D tech to show "Avatar" (turns out both were using Real 3D, which was
great). And who knew there was all this You Tube 3D stuff going on? I may have
to get some 3D glasses (the ones I absconded with from the theatre probably
won't work) and start checking this out. Probably gonna have to use something
other than my T42 laptop though.... :(

http://3dvision-blog.com/stereosopic-3d-erotic-movie-to-be-directed-by-tinto-brass/#more-1351

You probably have heard the name Tinto Brass (Giovanni Brass) as he is quite
popular Italian director of erotic movies, including the very controversial
movie adaption of Gor Vidal’s Caligula from 1979 he directed. Tinto Brass’ name
just got in the news because of him announcing plans to start working on a 3D
erotic movie which can as well turn out to be a remake of the Caligula in 3D,
but this time done right and not ruined by someone else. The project that Tinto
Brass has already started working on is involving a Roman emperor so the story
will be in that era, and the work on casting and the script should start
immediately with plans to start the filming process in May or June. Now have in
mind that Tinto Brass is talking about making a 3D erotic movie and not 3D porn
(there is huge difference), because he believes that time is right for 3D
technologies to be used to create such a production. As we all know well enough
the adult industry is one of the key factor making some technologies the
proffered ones and helping others die unsuccessfully and we are already seeing
growing interest coming from it for producing 3D content. Previously there were
some attempts to make stereoscopic 3D porn movies, but relying mostly on
anaglyph technology which kind of ruins the whole experience. Now having
quality not only in terms of script, acting and of course in the visuals is
what is still lacking and Tinto Brass is supposed to provide all of these, or
at leas the expectations from him in these areas are quite high. In the last
few months there were some good examples of what can be done with the currently
available 3D technologies, so it can be said that 2010 will also be interesting
year for the adult industry going 3D too. If you’ve missed the interview with
the founder of the adult oriented stereoscopic 3D website called Adult4D (18+)
, you should check it out for some more interesting insights and information
from Sir Thomas Graf de Porneau.