Okay... one good reason to drop cash here.

"If all the world's a stage and all the people merely players, who in bloody
hell hired the director?" -- Charles L Grant

To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
From: ravena...@yahoo.com
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 05:44:17 +0000
Subject: [scifinoir2] Rosario Dawson is Persephone in The Lightning Thief

http://blackgeekdom.com/blog/2010/02/16/rosario-dawson-on-her-role-in-percy-jackson-the-olympians-the-lightning-thief/

"It has been really fun playing a goddess, I have to say. She's wild. It is
full-on flirtatiousness."

This depiction of Hell is sumptuous, decadent and dark, all candlelight and
high ceilings full of Gothic detail. In Greek mythology, Persephone is abducted
by Hades and tricked into becoming his wife and Queen of the Underworld .

She is also the goddess of springtime and Rosario first thought of wearing
robes and flowers. But the actress wanted to go for a modern look with "chipped
nail polish and lace" rather than a T-shirt and mini skirt.

Instead, she wears a bustle and corset. She said: "It's a little darker and
grungier, a gothic image that I think is quite fascinating.

"It is fun to reinterpret the myths surrounding her and try to imagine her and
place her in this world.

"She's very bitter and angry. She is violent and aggressive and it's
fascinating because she also has innocence and sweetness and childlike
qualities when she's not being completely bitter.

"She is also very lustful."

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469227/direct/01/