From: "Keith Johnson" <keithbjohn...@comcast.net>
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 4:29:58 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: [scifinoir2] Way the Hell OT: Stars and Fans Show Support for Bullock

Why do we want to read anything about the latest Hollywood scandal? This
article caught my attention for four things reading it made think upon:

One: Does the term "no comment" exist anymore? Keanu Reeves said he sent wishes
"for everyone", which I assume is for the cheating dope as well. He's a fairly
private guy and probably doesn't want to say anything in public, but there go
the mics stuck in his face again. The celebrity reporters are always asking
celebs their opinions on things that frankly they probably don't know, care, or
want to talk about to the media. How about just "no comment" to make the
leeches go away?

Two: the growth of social media and sophisticated Internet/telecom is
inundating us with the opinions of people whose opinions really don't matter,
but now they have digital bullhorns to shout them in our ears. Do I really care
what some lady from "Millionaire Matchmaker" or Meagan McCain have to say about
Jesse James? Do we really need all the bandwidth taken up by "personal"
messages of love and support sent to stars from people who don't even know
these people, or whose opinions aren't that insightful? (Do you really care if
I care? yeah, i know this is a bit ironic!)

Three: Holly Robinson-Peete illustrates the two above. She calls it a "love
story" gone bad. Marrying a dude who'd shown a penchant for strippers and porn
stars is a love story? Well, I guess in some quarters, but come on. This'd be
like me marrying Madonna or Courtney love, and then tripping when the wife
turns out to be crazy and addictive. I'm still tripping over Peete's acting
like a giddy schoolgirl when John Mayer said she was fine, which was a bit
over-the-top even before she realized he's a nutty bigot. Proof that not
everyone should be putting their opinions out into ether all the time. Just say
"no comment" Holly...

Four: Betty White Rocks! She wants to kick James' a$$?! Now that's the best
laugh i've had all week!

[Yahoo Entertainment News]

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/stars-offer-messages-of-support-for-sandra-bullock/37928?nc

By Alison Rosen, Yahoo!

Jesse James might want to avoid showing his face in Tinseltown -- or any town
-- for a while. Not only has Sandra Bullock gained the public's sympathies (if
your friends are anything like ours, they're firmly on Team Sandy), but
celebrities are also coming out to show their support in messages ranging from
diplomatic to scathing.

In the midst of the second "Blind Side" premiere cancellation -- neither Berlin
nor London will be receiving their scheduled Sandy face time -- stars have been
revealing their feelings about the turmoil surrounding Bullock, whose husband
of nearly five years, Jesse James, allegedly cheated on her with a tattoo model
while Bullock was filming "The Blind Side."

When Bullock's "Speed" co-star Keanu Reeves was asked if he wanted to send her
well-wishes , he told a reporter,"Yes, of course, I mean for everyone."

Fellow Oscar winner Mo'Nique offered to lend Bullock an ear , saying, "Sandra,
if you need me, sugar, call me, baby..."

Betty White is reportedly furious at James and can't say his name without
cursing. Apparently White, who co-starred with Bullock in "The Proposal,"
"wants to kick James' a--."

A number of stars took to Twitter to express their feelings.

An angry Patti Stanger of "The Millionaire Matchmaker" said, "Sandra: don't
need to be with a loser like Jesse" while Meghan McCain was perplexed: "what
the hell Jesse James?!?!"

Holly Robinson-Peete was sad: "I'm depressed abt Sandra Bullock...Was such a
beautiful love story. channeling strength 2her-"

Maria Menounos was equally heartbroken: "sandra b: my heart bleeds for you.
Sending you a huge hug, lots of love and hope-there is a good man for you out
there.you deserve better."

The messages come in the wake of tabloid reports that Bullock and James are
consulting with divorce attorneys. But Bullock's rep says these reports are
false.

While Bullock is taking a break from the public eye at the moment, James hasn't
shirked his job responsibilities. Word has it he went back to work at his
motorcycle shop, West Coast Choppers, over the weekend.

That doesn't necessarily mean it's business as usual for James, though. Reports
of his return to the job have described him as "very upset" and "very quiet."