From: "Kelwyn" <ravena...@yahoo.com>
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2010 11:17:02 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: [scifinoir2] With Great power comes great responsibility

Imagine my surprise while watching "Teen Wolf" (1985) for the first time at
5:30 am this morning (don't ask) when Michael J. Fox's father (played by Burt
Reynolds' favorite wingman James Hampton) imparts this sage bit of wisdom:
"With great power comes great responsibility."

Say what?

The most popular source of this quote is from Ben Parker, Peter Parker's uncle
who raised him. These are of course fictional characters and the writing would
be that of Stan Lee.

However the phrase is of much more antiquated origins and quotes similar to it
can be found all the way back to ancient Greece. One such would be Socrates
'rule worthy of might.'

There's an interesting article here:
http://www.newsfromme.com/archives/2005_10_06.html