http://www.imdb.com/news/ni2121050/

Perhaps the fanboy audience that was panting for Matthew Vaughn's reinvention
of the superhero movie Kick-Ass was just too young to get in. The R-rated movie
has been well-received by critics, but grossed less than $8 million Friday
night, putting its weekend gross closer to the $20 million territory, rather
than the $25-$30 million that many were predicting. The similarly R-rated Death
at a Funeral, also struggled to lure an audience, even though Roger Ebert,
calling it the "funniest comedy since The Hangover." The film may have grossed
less than $6 million on Friday, putting its three-day gross at a likely $17
million.

The above supports my view that audiences will not support anything spoofing
(or exposing the lunacy) of people fighting crime in their underwear.

Below is my review of "Death at a Funeral."

http://blackplush.blogspot.com/2010/04/death-becomes-them.html

~rave!