What did your son have to say about it?  He is a teenager, right?  I'm
always investigating generational differences.  I had to talk to my students
(again) about how people weren't always homeless in this country. But I
digress.

I wondered the same thing.  It certainly makes sense for the guy trying to
rob a bank.  But clearly the mask existed before he decided to commit the
crime.  Even though I'm not the sort of person who is usually filled with
high expectations, it's kind of heartbreaking to discover that black male
masks are sold to scare people on Halloween.