I just purchased a hard cover copy of Book One of David Anthony Durham's
"Acacia" series from Amazon.com. for $14.50 (including tax and shipping).

I mention this because the book I received is not only gorgeous, it feels great
in my hands.  The cover is glossy, the title of the book and the author's name
have raised letters, and the border on the cover creates an almost
"holographic" effect.  In addition, the pages are perfectly finished (I HATE
when I purchase a hardcover book and the pages have ragged edges).

I, personally, have been solely disappointed by the (lack of) quality of many
of the books I have purchased recently.

~rave!