I can believe that. I've never seen "Darko", though of course am familiar with
it. Worth the time?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin Baxter" <martinbaxt...@gmail.com>
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 8:02:50 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [scifinoir2] Drew Barrymore in One-Liners

And, Keith, I just learned that she was a producer on one of SF's seminal cult
films, "Donnie Darko". Pops up from time to time on one Encore channel or
another.

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 8:29 PM, Keith Johnson < keithbjohn...@comcast.net >
wrote:

Exactly! I'm the same way. I'm not a super fan of her movies, though "Ever
After", the modern take on "Cinderalla", was very fun. They're usually harmless
fun like "Charlie's Angels", or dreck like "He's Not Into You". She's done a
couple of good things like "The Wedding Singer" (or was it "Fifty First
Dates"?) which garner respect. But Meryl Streep she ain't. Still, like you say,
I really like her attitude and what she tries to do with her life, and how hard
she tries to be a good person, which is sometimes a rarity in the backbiting
world of H'Wood.

I love the quote about rather being a few pounds heavier and happy. Since
H'wood in my opinion is glorifying anorexia and peroxide, I don't ever consider
someone like Barrymore "heavy" in the first place. And the one about giving
people permission to shoot her if she ever starts talking about her "craft" and
stuff---priceless!

Let us know what you think about the "Fresh Air" interview. I included the link
in another post earlier...