From: "Daryle Lockhart" <dar...@darylelockhart.com>
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, June 25, 2010 11:02:50 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [scifinoir2] Hard Day for "Knight"

It wasn't Oprah's couch that started the decline, it was his appearance on
BET's 106 and Park. Tom Cruise has been diluting his brand for years now. He
buys into a studio -- that studio then fails. He becomes the most recognizable
face of Scientology -- then scientology comes under attack. He marries Katie --
his ex wife's career takes off. Tom's just in the wrong place at the wrong time
-- most of the time these days. It's a shame because "Knight And Day" is one of
the best Tom Cruise movies in years. but because he exposed himself to stuff
that was beneath him, he's gotta fight his way out.

Here's what's crazy, and you guys tell me what you think about this: I think
his brand needs Will Smith's help. Isn't that crazy? But I believe a Will
Smith/Tom Cruise movie would put Tom RIGHT back up top. That is, so long as he
doesn't start doing guest spots on "Judge Joe Brown". Tom has to become a movie
star again.

Daryle