Just weighing in with my 2 cents - McCrystal knew that the strategy he pretty
much planned was not working and was not going to ever work. This was his way
of quitting. Expect to see him on Faux News soon.

--- On Thu, 6/24/10, Martin Baxter <martinbaxt...@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Martin Baxter <martinbaxt...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [scifinoir2] Way OT: Obama 'angry' after reading McChrystal's
remarks
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, June 24, 2010, 4:28 AM

      Keith, he'll reportedly have the time to do it. Word is that, now that
he's been relieved of his command, he's retiring.

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 1:33 PM, Keith Johnson <KeithBJohnson@ comcast.net>
wrote:

The whole thing is puzzling. Why would anyone on his staff be this
irresponsible? The reporter says he thinks it was their way of getting their
feelings out without going to Obama directly. Why was that needed? He's made it
clear that he'll listen openly to his generals. And no one can ever expect that
criticizing one's boss in public is going to get either a warm reception or a
receptive ear from that boss. If I didn't know any better I'd have sworn these
guys were high or something. And if this is a calculated move to discuss
policy, then the combination of personal disdain for Obama and others ("He was
intimidated"?) and for the role of military taking orders from the civilians is
simply not supportable.

I hear as of a few minutes ago he's out.

Wonder if, as some say, the general will end up writing a book, lecturing, and
being a talking head for Fox News?