http://michigantoday.umich.edu/2010/07/story.php?id=7791

"I like writing. I like telling stories. I love comics a crazy amount—it's so
much fun. It's a labor of love, but it doesn't really pay that much. I enjoy
writing for animation, but it takes a lot of time and it's a real job,"
explained McDuffie, who has undergraduate and graduate degrees in English and
physics, respectively, from the University of Michigan. "Being a TV writer is
like having homework for the rest of your life; you always owe somebody
something. Very few evenings are yours."

A degree in English AND physics?  Wow.  Scared of him!

~rave!