Same here, Martin. The flashback that started with McPherson using the Phoenix artifact made sense in his desperation at that moment. But they didn't do a good job of going from that moment to the murderous man he became. It was almost like one of the bad comic books where the genesis of a super villains isn't sufficient for the evil person he or she becomes. I also thought McPherson's "death" (you never know with this show) was a bit too abbreviated. "Sorry Arthur", and then he's dead.

One question I had. When Artie was about to be immolated, he used the Phoenix artifact to protect himself. That resulted in Mrs. Frederic's bodyguard dying. What confused me was, Artie never seemed to really deal with the fact that his using the device killed an innocent man. I also couldn't tell if he intentionally used it. They said McPherson put it in is pocket and set him up on purpose, evidently in order to start Artie down the path of cynicism and evil he was following. But, did Artie knowingly use it, or was it a reflex? If the former, we got little in the way of regret about what he did.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin Baxter" <martinbaxt...@gmail.com>
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, July 7, 2010 6:23:58 AM
Subject: Re: [scifinoir2] "Warehouse 13" New Season Starts Tonight

Keith, right off the bat, LOVED the season premiere of "Warehouse 13". Didn't really feel the MacPherson-as-villain arc, as he seemed too Snidely Whiplash-like for believability. But the introduction of H.G. Wells as a villain... that's got teeth. Though I was surprised to see -- well, *someone* return I didn't expect to return. (Don't want to spoil for those who haven't watched.) And it had a tight storyline that held my attention... I'm staying.

As for "Vlad the Impaler vs Sun Tzu"... the less said the better.