From: Martin Baxter
Sent: Friday, August 13, 2010 3:08 PM
To: SciFiNoir2
Subject: [scifinoir2] 'Avatar' Re-Release Includes Alien Sex Scene

Is this trip really necessary? And would any of you take it?

            'Avatar' Re-Release Includes Alien Sex Scene

            James Cameron restores an intimate scene between Jake and Naytiri
for the epic's end of the summer re-release

            By William Yelles
            TheWrap.com

            When "Avatar" returns to theaters in 3-D and 3-D IMAX for a limited
engagement Aug. 27, among the eight minutes of new bonus footage is a scene
that has had fanboys buzzing for months.

            "It's been restored, every last frame of it. Seriously," director
James Cameron tells MTV News. However, "I would say, just so that we correctly
manage people's expectations, it does not change our rating at all. I would
call it more of an alien foreplay scene. It's not like they're ripping their
clothes off and going at it."

            Naytiri (Zoe Saldana) and Jake's (Sam Worthington) lovemaking is
described as "the ultimate intimacy" in the screenplay. "They come together
into a kiss and sink down on the bed of moss, and ripples of light spread out
around them."

            Cameron is also said to be considering shooting the two sequels to
"Avatar" back-to-back since the movies would involve so much motion capture and
special effects work. He also claims to be working on a novelization of the
first film.

--
"If all the world's a stage and we are merely players, who the bloody hell
wrote the script?" -- Charles E Grant