24/08/2010:Director Satoshi Kon passes awayPerfect Blue and Paprika director
dies, aged 46

[image: Director Satoshi Kon passes away]

This is breaking news just coming in as I type this, emanating from
the *Twitter
account * <http://twitter.com/takedayasuhiro/status/22018243608>of GAINAX's
Yasuhiro Takeda and later confirmed by Madhouse's Masao Maruyama via the*
Otakon*<http://board.otakon.com/index.php?showtopic=20122&st=0&gopid=228397&#entry228397>
committee,
but the renowned and much-admired anime director *Satoshi Kon *passed away
from pancreatic cancer yesterday at the age of 46.

During his life, Kon was responsible for a numer of high-profile animated
efforts featuring his distinctive themes and styles, not least the
movies *Perfect
Blue *and *Paprika*, as well as the*Paranoia Agent* television series.

I'm sure it goes without saying that Satoshi Kon's influence will be
immensely missed by anime fans around the world, and our thoughts go out to
his friends and family with this tragic news.

Discuss in the *UKA Forum*<http://www.uk-anime.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14795>