They aren't that far off. Its just that zeppelins didn't become popular like
they were predicting in the 1930s. Too impractical, but we do have a lot of
airplanes and helicopters.The guy has a clock radio, a printer, video
monitor with a webcam, and there is wireless power distribution. You could
reproduce that picture right now.

On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 4:16 PM, Martin Baxter <martinbaxt...@gmail.com>wrote:

> The first vision speaks to me. In a good way, so please stop cringing, all.
> [?]
>

> On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 5:34 PM, Mr. Worf <hellomahog...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> 5 Wacky Retrofuturistic Visions of 21st Century Office Life
>>
>>  If there’s one thing that’s remained constant about the human
>> imagination over the last few centuries, it’s that we dearly love
>> envisioning the future. This endearing human quality was never more
>> pronounced than in the golden age of wacky technology predictions,
>> stretching from approximately the 1930s to the 1960s. The future was wide
>> open and we really had no practical idea of what to expect, so we simply
>> started making up the wildest futuristic scenarios possible.
>>
>>  The future office was a particularly intriguing concept, since it was
>> widely assumed that (thanks to automation) most people would no longer have
>> to work by the 21st century. Therefore, the futuristic office was often
>> populated by one lonely man who spent his day pushing buttons and observing
>> screens full of information.
>>
>>  The style for the office of the future seems to have been that
>> particular type of futuristic where everything has rounded corners and is
>> made of plastic. Luckily for us, most 21st century offices shy away from
>> that aesthetic entirely.
>>
>>  How far off were the predictions for the workplace of yesterday’s
>> tomorrow? Unlike the futuristic drawings and renderings of previous decades,
>> many of us continue to work in the service sector and there are still humans
>> doing manual labor. Most of us are still waiting to be replaced by robots so
>> we can spend every day at the beach.
>>
>>  But the lone person sitting in an office and pressing buttons all day
>> isn’t too far off. Most offices can be staffed by a minimal number of
>> people, and those people do tend to spend a large amount of time watching
>> screens and pressing buttons (or tapping keys). Sadly, the robot assistants
>> and radio-controlled *everything* are still missing…but we do have
>> Chatroulette, so it kind of evens out.
>>

> --
> "If all the world's a stage and we are merely players, who the bloody hell
> wrote the script?" -- Charles E Grant
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQUxw9aUVik

<<330.gif>>