Your suggestions have been very helpful and allowed me to make good progress.

Do you know where I can find the Python source code for the edge filters in
MatPlotlib?

Thanks.

Dipu

Dipankar Ganguly
Consultant: Strategy/Technology/Commercialization
Bothell, WA
Cell: 408-203-8814
email: dipu...@gmail.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/dipugee