I would do something along these lines:

frames = []
for contour_id, contour in enumerate(contours):
    current_frame = pd.DataFrame(contour, columns={'row', 'column'})
    current_frame['contour'] = contour_id  # creates column with
    repeated value    frames.append(current_frame)

full_data = pd.concat(frames)

On Fri, Apr 20, 2018, at 1:22 PM, Matteo wrote:
> I am using a modified version of this scikit-image demo[1] to create
> contours from the edges resulting from watershed segmentation of an
> image. I would like to save the resulting contours in a spreadsheet,
> not an image, to take into a GIS package (although I do save image for
> another application).> I am trying to use Pandas DataFrames as described in
> this
> StackOverflow question:
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/49930616/how-to-store-scikit-image-contours-in-a-pandas-dataframe-with-a-single-vertex-an>
>

> But I wonder if there's an easier way I overlooked.
> Thanks,
> Matteo
>

> --
> receiving emails from it,
>  send an email to scikit-image+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.>  To post to
> this group, send email to scikit-image@googlegroups.com.
>  To view this discussion on the web, visit
>
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/scikit-image/674b51dc-b8b9-48d5-8f5e-e62f41e919cd%40googlegroups.com[2].>

Links:

  1. http://scikit-image.org/docs/dev/auto_examples/edges/plot_contours.html
  2.