Hi Virgile.
Thanks for the reference. I'll have a look and add it to the documentation.
So rename to correct spelling and deprecated class with wrong spelling?

Cheers,
Andy

On 03/23/2012 02:13 PM, Virgile Fritsch wrote:
Hi Andreas,

Indeed, it should be "envelope" with an "e" at the end.

The algorithm fits a robust covariance object to the data, compute the (robust) observations' Mahalanobis distances from it and sets a threshold on these distances so that a given proportion of observations are removed. I suggest you to read the introduction of that paper if you are not familiar with the procedure : Rousseeuw, P.J., Van Driessen, K.: A fast algorithm for the minimum covariance determinant estimator. Technometrics 41(3), 212 (1999)

Virgile