Hi everyone,

For those familiar with this function in sklearn/utils/validation.py, I was
wondering why sparse matrices are passed through silently without
respecting the `dtype` or `order` arguments.  I can understand why one
would want to ignore `order` due to how sparse matrices are designed, but
`dtype` is an argument for all sparse matrix constructors.  Why is this
ignored?

On a secondary note, I was wondering if there was any simple, quick way to
check if an array's contents can be converted to float.

Thanks,

Daniel Duckworth