2013/12/22 Juan Nunez-Iglesias <jni.s...@gmail.com>:
> On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 10:28 AM, Peter Prettenhofer
> <peter.prettenho...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Actually, I'd propose to turn off multiprocessing at prediction time -
>> this might backfire quite easily.
>

> For the more ignorant among us, can you give an example? I don't understand
> why this would be true, especially in the case of random forests...?

As we now have a low latency, no-memory copy RandomForest.fit method,
the users might not expect memory duplication or higher latency at
prediction time when n_jobs != 1.

But thanks to Gilles releasing the GIL in the predict method of the
trees we now also use the threading backend in the predict function.
So we can keep parallelization enabled at prediction time as well.

Any other review to merge this PR?

--
Olivier