I'm extremely sorry, that message got sent half way through. (I pressed
Ctrl + Enter by mistake)
X = [["ham", "spam"], ["ram", "bam", "tam"]], and y = [[2, 3], [1, -3, 4]]

and we do clf.fit(X, y)
Suppose we would like to predict, what we would recommend the user x who
has already rated "ram" as 1 and "bam" as 2. we do clf.predict(["ram",
"bam"], [1, -3]) and it would give the output. (Both parameters are
required)

I do not know however what clf.transform() or clf.fit_transform() would do
(as of know), and the meat of the computation would be done in clf.predict()

--
Regards,
Manoj Kumar,