Hi Vinayak.
Have you decided on your application topic?
I am trying to get a bit of an overview, and I think you haven't submitted anything yet. There are two other applications for the hyperparameter topic and one for the cross-validation and gridsearch improvements. Since Ragv is already working on cross-validation, we might prefer to give him the topic.

I have not looked at the hyperparameter proposals in detail, and it is certainly fair game to put in another one. You did a fair amount of work in the last couple days, so I'd be happy to see a good proposal from you ;)

I updated https://github.com/scikit-learn/scikit-learn/wiki/Google-summer-of-code-%28GSOC%29-2015 to reflect the current proposal status.

Cheers,
Andy