On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 5:55 AM, Olivier Grisel <olivier.gri...@ensta.org>
wrote:

> Yet another perspective:

And yet another, in case it helps you make this decision.

IPython's official statement on our website reads:

IPython supports Python 2.7 and 3.3 or newer. Our older 1.x series supports
Python 2.6 and 3.2.

This has been true for quite a while, and I can't really recall any
significant complaints about it.

Even people on RHEL have mechanisms for running 2.7-based stacks if they so
desire, so that's not a show-stopper. And if they are absolutely stuck
running on an old stack, chances are, they are running old versions of lots
of other stuff anyway, so telling them to run old versions of our tools
doesn't seem to add any particular pain.

Cheers,