On 09/15/2016 08:32 PM, Nelle Varoquaux wrote:
On 15 September 2016 at 14:41, Andreas Mueller <t3k...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi.
Welcome Kathy and He.

Gael:
I talked with Kathy and committed to mentoring her and some of the other
students a bit.
Any help in reviews is obviously welcome tough ;)

Kathy already worked on an easy issue and I think we'll see some interesting
stuff soon!
This really cool!
  Just my two cents, as I am wrapping up having students contributing
to a large opensource software: it might be a good idea to create a
explicit tag for those PR/students and have at first one person and
only one person reviewing it. Our students were quite confused with
the amount of messages and the number of interlocutors on their PRs.
Kathy, how do you feel about this?
I know your first "easy" PR had quite a bit of discussion.
I am participating this semester on an initiative to have students
contribute to opensource software with Stéfan van der Walt - I'd be
curious to share tips on how it well, what to do and what to avoid.

I'm pretty sure Chris Murphy from UPenn would love to talk to you about your project!

Andy