going to the mailing list

On 10/13/2016 01:35 AM, Raghav R V wrote:
Thanks for the messages {Ga|Jo}el. ;)

> We can use "needs second review" as an alternative to "MRG+1" but I don't see the point of using both.

I see the system of MRG+1 and MRG+2 as a more robust way of tracking approvals to see if the PR can be merged (I'm not sure if review approvals completely replace this?) and "Needs 2nd Review" as a quick way to search... "Needs 2nd Review" could also be used with MRG PRs which have already received a solid review and would need a 2nd look from those who don't have much time to do a full fledged review...

>By the way: this discussion should happen on the ML.

Sorry for that. I wasn't sure if this was a very useful/non-trivial suggestion and wanted to avoid noise there...

> "Needs triage":

I see that we have "Stale" label for that.

I just added this to make it easier to find PRs to review.
I'm not sure if it is not redundant with the "needs contrib" tag on a PR.
I used "stale" if I was not sure if it's worth working on something and the author didn't respond for a while.
I haven't used it a lot yet.

I'm ambivalent about adding a "approved by one" (which I think is more explicit then "need one more") tag.

You can search for PRs and issues without comments - I recently did that to make sure everything had at least one ;) I'm not sure you can search for the absence of tags. But I am planning to go through all issues tomorrow to see stuff that I have missed. I'll be catching up today with all notifications that I missed this year because writing my ;)

Maybe having an list of statuses for PRs and issues that covers the common cases would be good, we just kind of had that discussion, right?

Issues can be bug|enhancement|new feature with status needs contributor, has PR or needs confirmation/discussion. It would be nice to see
if a issue has a PR, I think there is no way to do that from the search.

PRs need changes or reviews or are stalled (which is "needs changes" for a long time and no response) and then might "need contributor".

We could use "needs review" on issues and add a "has PR" tag for issues and a "one approval" tag for PRs.

I agree with Joel that switching between "needs review" and "needs changes" in a currently active PR is likely to be cumbersome.
scikit-learn mailing list