On 11/14/18 8:36 PM, Hanmin Qin wrote:
I agree that this feature is advantageous and I'm +1 to apply it to new classes/functions, but for existing classes/functions, does it seem strange that only certain arguments are keyword only (i.e., some arguments can be specified by position, while others can't)?

yes, but it would discourage users from specifying any by position, which I think they really shouldn't.

No-one understands what RandomForestClassifier(100, gini, 5, 6, 7, .3, .4, 3, .1, .2, True)  means.

And if we deprecate a parameter it might still run but mean something else.