On 11/21/18 12:38 AM, Gael Varoquaux wrote:
On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 09:58:49PM -0500, Andreas Mueller wrote:

On 11/20/18 4:43 PM, Gael Varoquaux wrote:
We are planning to do heavy benchmarking of those strategies, to figure
out tradeoff. But we won't get to it before February, I am afraid.
Does that mean you'd be opposed to adding the leave-one-out TargetEncoder
I'd rather not. Or rather, I'd rather have some benchmarks on it (it
doesn't have to be us that does it).

I would really like to add it before February
A few month to get it right is not that bad, is it?

The PR is over a year old already, and you hadn't voiced any opposition there.