Hi all,

I myself have come around to Gaël's idea that mature projects like scikit-learn
are not the best place for newcomers to contribute. However, since the
scikit-learn team has run a lot of remote, beginner friendly sprints in the
past, there are clearly exceptions! Additionally, I suspect many people on this
list have smaller projects that would make for great sprint topics. So, I would
like to invite scikit-learners to submit sprint ideas for SciPy US 2021 here:

https://forms.gle/w59mWNcA6JP9YA9z7

The sprint dates are July 17-18, and the sprint times are 9am-5pm US Central
time.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about this. I'm happy
to offer guidance on running a remote sprint for those that have suitable
projects but have never run their own sprints before. (Though probably Reshama
and Andy are the real pros here! 😂)

Thank you,

Juan.