Congrats, everyone!  To me the most exciting part is
HistGradientBoostingRegressor and HistGradientBoostingClassifier  no longer
being experimental, especially with their native handling of categorical
variables (no more unnecessary compromises of choosing a particular numeric
encoding strategy!) and of missing values** (without imputation).

This finally puts scikit-learn in the same class as R implementations for
tree-based gradient boosting.

**(Since it treats feature missingness as a predictive value we just have
to be careful that the missingness does not have target leakage by being
target-correlated in any way that won't be in effect at prediction time in
production, e.g. if the feature was often simply not stored whenever the
target turned out negative.)

- David Rosen