Sqlite can easily be embedded into an application  ..
.. rather than having the user required to manually edit
It looks like a golden hammer

It is very nice, I've used it on a number of TINY portable web applications running on $100 embedded-processor devices. Love it, however I don't think it suits SciTE.

One nice thing with SciTE is its power against its relative lightweigthness... I doubt most users will want to change this.
> Integrating a GUI to change them *inside* SciTE would be an
> annoying bloat

I second.

I am not a big fan of SciTE's properties management.
> And an external tool would be fine for this.

My AUD 0.02:

It would be nice to have *some* (i.e. plural) small properties dialog boxes, no more complex than the existing "Find" dialog box, e.g.:

"Display Options", controlling
        view.whitespace
        view.indentation.guides
        margin.width
        tabsize
        indent.size, et al
"File Options", controlling
        save.recent
        open.dialog.in.file.directory
        check.if.already.open
        load.on.activate
        are.you.sure.on.reload
        indent.automatic, etc

These are simple boolean or integer settings, so these options boxes shouldn't add too much bloat nor be hugely complicated to code. Still write to the same files, no harm done.

_______________________________________________
Scite-interest mailing list
[email protected]
http://mailman.lyra.org/mailman/listinfo/scite-interest

Reply via email to