Robert Roessler: > "Cycle through recent files." is what the doc says, which to me, is > not the same as walking through all open tabs, which is what SciTE (on > Windows) actually does.
With only one buffer, which was the default previously, the command cycles through the 'most recently used' file list at the bottom of the file menu. These are cycles since the last tab/file loops back to the first tab/file. > The ability to flip back and forth between > TWO files is something that I want quite often. > > Does anyone know if this is something to do with the implementation of > file tabs, or if there is some other property that I need to > enable/disable? There was an implementation of this with a property buffers.zorder.switching controlling it. The implementation was overly complex and crashed often so was removed in 1.60. This decision produced some of the most unpleasant emails I have received working on SciTE and has taught me to be much more selective about including contributed features. If someone contributes an implementation that is very simple, does not crash, and is prepared to fix any bugs found then I'll include it. Some elements of the previous code such as the key detection could be extracted from earlier releases or CVS but other code in that implementation should be ignored. Neil _______________________________________________ Scite-interest mailing list [email protected] http://mailman.lyra.org/mailman/listinfo/scite-interest
