Alexander Kriegisch wrote:
I like the global option to use a shared instance whenever opening files
in SciTE. In special cases (e.g. SVN check-in), though, I need a
separate instance because SVN waits for the instance to be closed
inorder to proceed with the check-in. The whole thing needs to be
synchronous, which is understandable. I could not find a command line
argument to achieve this.
Alexander, I just learned this myself and you will be amazed how simple it is. I thought of this from something Neil told me along time ago about opening a file for readonly.

Any property can be set or cleared on the command line by prefixing it with a dash. Now in my case the 'check.if.already.open' is off, but if I open a file and then use:
   scite -check.if.already.open=1 (another file)
or
   scite -check.if.already.open (another file)
the second file is loaded into the first instance of SciTE. The second example works because it turns the property on by default

The same should work for you, but you would use
   scite -check.if.already.open=0 (another file)

April

--
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the Beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,