Hi!

Maxime Carron wrote:
> I'm a bit new to SciTE, but I don't suffer from any problem with it on
> F-7.x86_64.
> SciTE crashes with every files or only with SciTEGlobal.properties?

SciTE crashes with some files not only with SciTEGlobal.properties. I
removed my personal properties file and now it works. At least it
doesn't crash anymore.

I get pango warnings

(scite:4552): Pango-WARNING **: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to
pango_layout_set_text()

when I open SciTEGlobal.properties and scroll down to:

# Define values for use in the imported properties files
chars.alpha=abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
chars.numeric=0123456789
chars.accented=ŠšŒœŸÿÀàÁáÂâÃãÄäÅåÆæÇçÈèÉéÊêËëÌìÍíÎîÏïÐðÑñÒòÓóÔôÕõÖØøÙùÚúÛûÜüÝýÞþßö
# This is a better set for Russian:
#chars.accented=ÀàÁáÂâÃãÄäÅ娸ÆæÇçÈèÉéÊêËëÌìÍíÎîÏïÐðÑñÒòÓóÔôÕõÖö×÷ØøÙùÚúÛûÜüÝýÞþßÿ

I have to say that on the system SciTE crashes I see this section in a
different way. Instead of the chars after 'accented=' I only see a lot
of '?'.

If I change the encoding type in the file menu from 8bit to utf8 nothing
happens excepts that a lot of pango warnings occur.

I don't know if this is a system problem. The LANG env variable is set
to 'en_US.UTF-8'. Other editors like gedit do their job and I see the
chars.accented in the right way (I assume), even using the same font as
scite (bitstream vera sans).

Thanks for helping, jan.