Hey,

I've got a quick KDE hack that you can use to enable a common desktop on
KDE.  Basically it stores your kde profile and desktop preferences zipped
on the smartcard.  I'll release a new version of smart_tx tomorrow that
will create the file if it is not there.  Basically all you have to do is
the following:

gzip ~/.kderc
tar -cvf ~/Desktop
gzip ~/Desktop.tar

./smart_tx .kderc.gz /3f00/00dd
./smart_tx Desktop.tar.gz /3f00/00db

This will transfer the files to your smartcard
And add this to your startkde script under /opt/kde/bin

#!/bin/sh
#
#  DEFAULT KDE STARTUP SCRIPT ( KDE-1.1 )
#

# initialize the configuration first.

/homes/corcordt/sources/pcsc/test/smart_rx /3F00/00db /tmp/Desktop.tar.gz
/homes/corcordt/sources/pcsc/test/smart_rx /3F00/00dd /tmp/.kderc.gz

gunzip /tmp/Desktop.tar.gz
gunzip /tmp/.kderc.gz
mv -f /tmp/.kderc ~/
rm -rf ~/Desktop
tar -xvf /tmp/Desktop.tar ~/
rm -f /tmp/Desktop.tar

Make sure the Resource Manager is running and you have a rudimentary
common desktop on any kde machine with this script.  Of course you could
make it alot better but this is quick : )  Sorry about the 3 posts to the
list - majordomo was sick.

Thanks
Dave

David Corcoran                 Internet Security/Smartcards

Home:                          Purdue University
2252 US Highway 52 West        Department of Computer Science
West Lafayette, IN 47906       CERIAS/COAST Laboratory
Home: (765) 463-2455
Cell: (317) 514-4797

http://www.linuxnet.com