Hello,

I tried to answer the questions in between ....
On Wed, 9 Feb 2000, kefren wrote:

> David wrote:
>
> > Some of the crypto functions may require a
> > significant increase in the WWT on the reader.  If you let me know what
> > reader you are using I can see if this will be a problem and fix it before
> > it exists.
>
> Could you please explain me what "WWT" stands for, because I don't
> understand what
> the problem is. However, I'm using a Towitoko's CHIPDRIVE.

WWT is working waiting time.  This is the time it takes for the card to
respond.  On some crypto functions this might take along time causing a
timeout.  By adjusting the WWT you can avoid this.

> Just 'cause you could help me, I'm having troubles to let RSA work on the
> Card,
> and I'd be very happy if anyone could take a look at this URL:
> http://smartie.austin.apc.slb.com/forums/cybaccmisc/62.html#1
> where I reported the problem.
>
> Furthermore, I need some elucidations about the transition from the old
> pcsc-src-0.8.9's C++ structure to the new pcsc's C structure.
>   . Where has it ended the RESOURCEMANAGER class ?
>   . Didn't you want to be compliant with PCSC/Winscard API ?
>   . It provides separate classes for SCard, CryptKey, etc.., doesn't it ?
> (however, maybe I lost some important messages from you mailing-list, and
> misinterpreted the overall problem).

The pcsc-lite uses C function calls.  The reason for this is that most
programs under Unix use C instead of C++ and this makes the calling
conventions much easier.  The Microsoft class definitions for the service
providers are completely different than what is implemented under Windows.
The IS_FileAccess is just a list of C functions that I defined which are
very similar to those under Windows but use C instead.  I would suggest
using these and creating your own functions.  Also, if you are looking to
do crypto now you could use OCF which is in Java - I have written a layer
that interfaces between OCF and pcsc-lite for Linux.  You can use the
crypto under OCF if you want.  If you define the C functions let me know
and I will document them.

I don't suggest using pcsc-0.8.9 since I will no longer distribute it.  It
is way too bulky and non portable.

> A related me-uderstanding problem: what do they mean the prefixes
> IS_FileAccess, etc.. which I find on some (don't remember which one)
> card-driver ?
>
> BTW, the REAL problem, here, is: if I go on and write some code (I'm
> thinking
> to modify slb_cfaccess as a starting point), shoud I use
>       . this->scard->hContext->Transmit(...)
>               OR
>       . SCardTransmit(hContext, ...) ?

I would use the SCardTransmit.  Download pcsc-lite from the web site and
take a look at the API document under docs directory.  It is pretty easy
to use.