Hello,

I released a developer release of pcsc-lite on linuxnet.com.  The version
is 0.6.0 and it (by default) will do startup allocation of a reader listed
in /etc/reader.conf and will spawn off an insertion/removal thread.

You can also do the runtime allocation method of pcsc-lite by getting rid
of the -DPCSCLITE_STATIC_ALLOCATION=1 definition in the Makefiles.  This
will cause it to run the old way.

0.6.0 also has simple mutex locks around the readers so separate processes
can call getstatuschanges on the readers.  The next version of pcsc-lite
will include a insertion/removal notification thread but it will be
allocated at runtime and destroyed when not in use.  Right now if you are
using the runtime allocation both getstatuschanges will poll intermitedly.
If you are using the startup allocation only one process polls the reader.

I agree with most of you that it is annoying when PC/SC under Windows
steals the serial port.  For that reason I am allowing you to run
pcscserver in either way.   Eventually I will make this a config file
option instead of a recompilation.

Please send any bug fixes/etc to me.

Best Regards,
Dave