Hi,

Sorry for the confusion, when I said RPC like service I meant a service
that uses GSS-API or something tunnelled under ssh.  Keep in mind this is
a separate service that acts as an application to PC/SC - I would never
make this part of PC/SC and it would never be Sun RPC.

I do need some sort of authentication service which uses GSS-API or
something so that in an environment such as the SunRay or Citrix I can
call back to the local smartcard reader since the authentication device
does not reside on the machine wishing to authenticate.  Also, this is
needed for remote authentication services such as ftp/telnet.

Dave