Hi Russel,

On 04.10.2013 19:23, Russel Winder wrote:
Now we have default and python3-port as working branches, we need a
workflow that ensures they are kept in sync. If python3-port is left
behind, then all the work to date will have been for nought.

hmmm, we probably should discuss (and then decide) how we want development to look like, once we have a working python3 branch. Will we continue to support both major versions 2.x and 3.x? If yes, in which direction (2->3 or 3->2) do we merge
preferably, meaning: where do we do most of our development?

Or does the 2.x stuff get abandoned and we care about Python 3.x only?

I also need advice on how to handle "feature clones": I have the
SCons_D_Tooling clone and have no idea how to manage it now with the two
working branches.

I have my own repository "scons_experimental" for things like this. I pull from the SCons main repo whenever I feel the need to update, but never push back. So, I can merge freely and can also use named branches as much as I like...one for every "feature", basically. For features to be published, I create a patch and apply it to my clone of the main repo...then issue a pull request from there.

Best regards,

Dirk