On 19.02.2014 00:00, anatoly techtonik wrote:
On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 11:50 PM, Dirk Bächle <tshor...@gmx.de> wrote:
On 18.02.2014 21:19, anatoly techtonik wrote:
[...]

Ok. I'll put it the other way. Between automating the job of release
manager,
which is done once in few months and automating the job of developer,
which
is more than once in a while, you choose the former. Why?

Because my workflow seems to differ from yours.  Do you use "bootstrap.py"
to call a development version of SCons, or how do you do it?
I use bootstrap.py for a quick test that development version is not completely
broken.

Okay, and when you have a simple SConstruct in a folder like "/tmp/sconstest", change into this folder via "cd /tmp/sconstest" and then call

python /full/path/to/scons/repo/bootstrap.py

, does that work in 2.3.0 without having libxml2/lxml installed or do you see an error?