The last time (that I can recall) the issue tracker was discussed the plan was that the project would be moving to a tailored Roundup based system. What's the state of that work?

The team at zeroMQ tried to enshrine their development method here http://rfc.zeromq.org/spec:22 which makes it really easy to understand the criteria for things being how they are and/or justify changes. Stating that SCons uses this process with modifications would make sense to me.

Andrew

On 09/03/15 08:08, Tom Tanner (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON) wrote:
I realise that it's going to be a major effort to transfer all the existing issues from Tigris, but how much work would it be to *start* accepting tickets on bitbucket? There's a lot of stuff that looks like it's more-or-less defunct on Tigris (version 1 bugs...) and just seeing newly raised bugs along with the current code would be a major usability improvement.

I'd be happy to transfer my (very small number of) existing bugs over if the system was there.

From: scons-dev@scons.org At: Mar 9 2015 01:42:01
To: scons-dev@scons.org <mailto:scons-dev@scons.org>
Subject: Re: [Scons-dev] Issue tracker

    A reason to switch to hit would be that the bulk of open source
    uses git and using hg adds to burden of contributing to SCons.

    -Bill

    On Saturday, March 7, 2015, Russel Winder <rus...@winder.org.uk
    <mailto:rus...@winder.org.uk>> wrote:

        On Thu, 2015-03-05 at 22:35 +0300, anatoly techtonik wrote:
        > Ok. We can, actually move the stuff from tigris.org to BB.
        Just don't know when.

        If we continue to use Mercurial and BitBucket (*) then the
        sooner the
        better. Having the issues on Tigris not on BitBucket is
        becoming less
        and less credible week by week.

        (*) Which we will obviously, as there is no reason to change
        to Git on
        BitBucket (as Atlassian would surely like to see happen) or Git on
        GitHub (even though Go has ditched Mercurial for Git)

        --
        Russel.

        Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200   voip:
        sip:russel.win...@ekiga.net <javascript:;>
        41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp:
        rus...@winder.org.uk <javascript:;>
        <http://www.russel.org.uk>  skype: russel_winder