Does anyone know how these interact?

I have a TryBuild test in a Configure context. It uses a variant dir. The
.c file in the test includes foo.h, which includes bar.h. If I have a
previous build (which copied bar.h into variantdir) and then update bar.h,
the TryBuild uses the old variantdir/bar.h without copying the new version
to the variant dir first as it should. The regular part of the build works
fine, it's just the SConf part.

I suspect something in the dependency tracking logic isn't fully
implemented in configure context; does this seem familiar to anyone before
I dig into it further?

--
Gary