stan reeves wrote:

> ...here's another weird branch to follow. "Not the Full Shilling"...

How brilliant, Stan! More please, when you've got your breath back. I
lived in Hamilton for about three years in the late 1980s, and thought
that The Victoria looked like one of the few decent pubs. After hearing
your story of the session there, I can see how wrong I was. At that time I
was trying to give up folk music and follow a nine-to-five/married kind of
existence, but it didn't work for very long, and this insidious vice crept
back into my life.

Without wishing to offend anyone, leaving Hamilton was one of my life's
great moves. Wasn't the folk music newsletter Broadsheet published by a
guy in Hamilton at one point?

--
Nigel Gatherer, Crieff  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
The Scottish Music Pages: