Derek Hoy wrote previously:

Acting on the advice of the venerable Nigel Gatherer, I informed our record
publisher that The King's House was copyright B. Macleod.  But PPS
(Phonographic Performance Society ???) who know about these things, deny
this.

So it's trad, according to them.  The controversy rages on.

I met Derek at a party earlier this evening where I was relating tales from
the Whistlebinkies' recent visit to Memphis. I happened to mention that
while there we spent some considerable time paying homage at the King's
house, Graceland. After a few glasses of red we thought... well..... Elvis
bought his new home in early 1957 which is just about the same time that
some would say Bobby Macleod was at his composing and playing peak, Bobby
introduced swing into Scottish dance music and so the background to the tune
is now quite clear - it was composed in honour of the one and only King. Any
thoughts on this theory?

Stuart Eydmann