> Where can I find directions for translating the tablature? There
> are some others I'd like to see translated.

All the Scottish lute manuscripts will be published with transcriptions
sometime in the new year by Glasgow University. Otherwise, try a search
engine for 'lute tablature' - you might find a site which tells you how to
do it. I could set up a page, a wee tutorial, but I don't have the time the
now.

> "Come hither, my bony bird chuck" might just be "Come hither my
> own sweet duck".

I have never heard of these pieces. They don't sound very Scottish!

Rob
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.robmackillop.com