At 09:18 -0800 18/2/01, Toby Rider wrote:

>       If you don't mind me asking, did you have along term exposure to
>pesticides, or was this a short-term intense exposure that has triggered
>your sickness? I'm starting to become paranoid abouts pesticides..

Hello Toby,

It was a one-off event; I was living on a farm and ate some heavily
contaminated food growing there, and got really ill. I also
contracted encephalitis at around the same time (I was living up
north in the subtropics), which compounded matters considerably. I've
been chronically ill more or less ever since due to liver and nervous
system damage. It's a long and messy story which I won't bore the
list with, but I will permit myself one grumble: being so ill for so
long has made enormous inroads into my progress as a musician. Music
was the centre of my life before I was ill, and I'm lucky if I can
pick up the fiddle once a month these days. On the other hand.... if
I hadn't been bedridden for so long, I'd have probably never bothered
to get on the internet, and then I'd never have found scot-l.... so I
guess there are some consolations <g>

So keep those inspiring posts coming, all of you....

best,

Erica Mackenzie